Perhaps it was a difference in culture, but as we welcomed Leister City to our house warming party for the new main stand, it was Lucas who brought the gift. A moment of madness from the senior Brazilian, Lucas added to the excitement of the day and paired well with Joel Matip as Roberto Firmino ran riot over the champions.
What I loved about this game:
- Sturridge playing through the center
- Henderson playing intelligently and distributing from deep
- Mane and Firmino running the LCFC defense ragged
- Lallana’s thunderbolt
- Wijnaldum making runs from deep
- Mignolet bleeding all over himself for the club
- Matip bringing a sense of calm the backline
- Klopp losing his glasses
- Opponents foolish enough to come out an play an open game
What I didn’t love:
- Playing it out of the back when we are being pressed to our own byline.
Likely an unpopular opinion:
- I think we’re less one dimensional with Coutinho out of the line up